It’s Tax Day – Do You Know Where Your Leaders Are?
Today is Tax Day.
1. 1% of the American population controls 85% of the nation’s wealth, and 90% of its income.
2. Increase that number to 5%, and you have between 95-98% of the nation’s wealth, and over 95% of its income.
3. The rest of us fight over what’s left.
4. 45% of the nation’s households pay no tax. Several of the nation’s largest manufacturers (who exported more jobs in the past thirty years than they’ve created domestically) have been rewarded by a system which does not require them to pay any taxes at all on their earnings.
5. Most of the nation’s banks fall into this category.
6. So do most of the one-percenters and a high number of the five-percenters (their marginal tax-rate is 17% - before deductions).